You are here
Marine Life Poster
There are a number of biology standards that the education program can address during a field trip to Hanauma.
- 2.3.1: Describe how animals depend on plants and animals
- 2.4.1: Explain how plants and animals go through life cycles
- 2.5.1: Identify distinct environments and the different kinds of organisms each environment supports
- 5.3.1: Describe the flow of energy among producers, consumers, and decomposers.
- 5.3.2: Describe the interdependent relationships among producers, consumers, and decomposers in an ecosystem in terms of the cycles of matter.
Middle School Science:
- 7.3.1: Explain how energy moves through food webs, including roles of photosynthesis and cellular respiration.
- 7.3.2: Explain the interaction and dependence of organisms on one another.
- 7.3.3: Explain how biotic and abiotic factors affect the carrying capacity and sustainability of an ecosystem
High School Marine Science:
- MS 5.1: Explain how adaptations help animals survive in a marine environment
- MS 5.2: Compare characteristics of marine organisms(e.g. plankton, vertebrates and invertebrates)
- MS 5.3: Compare forms of marine symbiosis